Our Vision and Values
The Valley Community Primary School recognises that each child is an individual and that each has the ability to reach their full potential. Therefore, the school in partnership with parents and the local community seeks to fulfil this potential by respecting the needs of individual children, fostering a caring and creative environment and emphasising the social, emotional, physical and intellectual development of each child.
Our Vision Statement:
To be and remain “a world class centre of outstanding learning.”
To achieve this we:
- are embracing the principles of lifelong learning, best use of new technology and ‘Visible learning;’
- are developing an international understanding of our place in the world; and
- are developing leaders and critical thinkers of tomorrow.
Our Mission Statement:
“Together we’re better.”
Our guiding principles are:
- we work closely with our community;
- we broaden our pupils’ perspectives;
- we teach understanding and respect for others; and
- we value everyone’s abilities and support each other.
Our Core (AFTER) Values:
As a school, we believe that all aspects of our environment should encompass our ‘AFTER’ values. The core values have been prepared in consultation with children, staff and governors.
These values are to demonstrated and embedded by staff as well as learners in all aspects of school life. By holding true to these values, learners are better prepared for their lives ‘after’ school and beyond.