- Read the booklet Admission to Primary School 2018
- Online admissions for Primary School will be available from September 2017.
- The deadline for all online and paper applications is 15th January 2018
- If you apply after 15th January 2018 your application will be late and this could affect the outcome
- If you need any help registering an interest or completing the forms, please contact the School Office on 01204 332684 and ask to speak to Mrs Russell. We are happy to help with completing forms and answer any questions.
If you have not registered your child’s details with a school or the Local Authority for admission to primary school for September 2018/19 please complete the online registration form or contact Pupil Services on 01204 332137/332143.
In September 2018 a letter will be sent to all parents and carers who have registered their child with the Local Authority which will include a unique identification number enabling you to apply online for a school place once the website opens.
The offer day for Reception places is 16th April 2018. If you applied online you will be able to view the offer by logging in to your online application.
Schools directory (for OFSTED reports and performance tables)
Special educational needs
If your child is undergoing an Education Health and Care Assessment you will still need to complete an application for admission. For further advice contact the Inclusion and Statutory Assessment Service on 01204 338653.
Transferring between Primary Schools
Bolton Council is responsible for co-ordinating admissions into all schools for those families resident within the Bolton Metropolitan Borough. This includes
- Children wishing to change from one school to another school within the borough
- Children who have arrived into the borough requiring a school place
- Children wishing to move from an independent school to a school maintained by the Council
- Children resident in the borough but requiring admission to a school in another borough
If you live in the area of another local authority then you must make an application through the school admission team for that authority
Is there an application form I need to complete?
The application form that the parents/carers will be required to complete when requesting admission to a new school can be found under the downloads tab of this page together with the notes of guidance.
You must ensure your child’s continued attendance at their current school whilst your application is being considered however it is recognised that for families who have moved into Bolton this may not always be possible. You must in such circumstances inform the headteacher at their previous school of the arrangements you are making.